a friendly cycling club based in North Leeds, for new and experienced cyclists.
Our main meeting point
for VSCC rides is The Bar on Park Lane, Park Lane, Leeds, LS8 2EH, but sometimes rides meet elsewhere (the meeting point for a ride will always be in the event posted on Facebook for that ride).
was formed in 2013 by a group of friends from the local running club (Valley Striders Athletics Club, further information below) who were looking to vary their training.
Since then, the club has grown significantly and now consists of a group of runners and cyclists with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and interests.
The club is affiliated to British Cycling, providing insured social and training rides, led by volunteering (trained) ride leaders. We provide rides for;
- those new to cycling who wish to gain confidence and road craft
- cyclists who want to enjoy social and scenic rides
- cyclists looking to improve their fitness
- cyclists and athletes training for endurance and competitive events
- those wanting a combination of all the above
- to provide friendly and safe group rides
- to encourage and help those new to cycling
- to help improve cycling confidence and roadcraft in all members
- to help improve fitness levels and help cyclists reach their goals
- to provide social events for our members
- to establish VSCC as one of the go-to cycling clubs in Leeds
- to provide training for, and access to, competitive events
- to achieve regional competitive success for VSCC
- regular and predictable ride programme
- regular meeting point
- membership card with emergency contact details
- access to club kit for all members
- a range of social opportunities and events
- access to ride leader training for regular members who show commitment.
- access to bike maintenance courses
- access to first aid courses
- a co-ordinated calendar of VSCC supported events so you can ride with your club mates and friends in sportives
Valley Striders Athletics Club
Valley Striders Athletic Club is based in Alwoodley, Leeds, Yorkshire, England.
We compete in Road Running, Fell Running, Cross Country Running and Trail Running.
Our runners range in pace from 12 minute miling to 5 minute miling. We organise the Meanwood Valley Trail Race and Junior Races in April/May and the Harewood Trail Race and Fun Run in October each year.
Valley Striders Triathlon
Valley Striders Triathlon Club is affiliated to Triathlon England within the Yorkshire region. Although only formed in 2014, we have already secured a number of successes on the local and national scene, with numerous individual age group and category wins, even more podiums and athletes qualifying for the GBR age group teams.
VSTC benefits hugely from the strong heritage of Valley Striders Athletics Club, and our athletes compete in many different events from short cross country to marathon on road and trail. In addition, our athletes also compete for Valley Strider Cycling Club in road races and time trials. That coupled with swim training with Leeds masters alongside british, european and world record holders means our training opportunities are second to none.
As well as our competitive nature, we are also a very friendly and open group. We have attracted a number of folks who were otherwise unaffiliated and now feel part of our team. Although we have very good athletes in our ranks we cater for all levels.